As a Ducas employee the best way to ensure you are able to maximise your take-home pay is to regularly submit claims for your work-related expenses.
Provided we receive your claims form by no later than 5pm on Tuesday, we will ensure that your expenses are processed and delivered with your next payment. You can now submit your expenses on line, log in details have been sent to your email address or mobile phone.
There are a number of expenses that you can legitimately claim. They are:
- Business mileage in your own vehicle, including travel to and from a temporary workplace. Mileage is claimed at 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles and 25p thereafter. There are reduced rates for travel by motor cycle or by pedal bike.
- Business related travel by public transport.
- Overnight accommodation if staying away from home and related meals and incidental expenses.
- The reasonable cost of subsistence when working at a temporary workplace.
- Training Courses which relate to your work.
- Membership of a Professional Body.
- Work related telephone calls. (Must be itemised on a telephone bill, we cannot allow claims for top up cards).
- Equipment purchases which are related to your work.
- Uniform, safety equipment and work clothing.
All expenses claimed must be submitted on the correct claim form, which must be signed by you, and supported by the appropriate receipts, alternatively, you can submit them yourself on line. Expense claims that are not completed correctly will not be processed.
Expenses are paid to you instead of wages and are not subject to tax or National Insurance, they are not paid in addition to wages.